Friday, November 7, 2008

Plugging a Good Thing

I've never been wont to plug a site just for the sake of it. But this one offered good advice at a reasonable price and I have learned things I wished I had known before I started my own business a few years ago.

Some of you may have heard about Dave Ramsey prior to seeing this blog. He's been on Fox News as a commentator and has his own nightly radio show. Unfortunately I hadn't until we went searching for a course that would satisfy our educational requirement for bankruptcy.

The course was so good it should be a requirement of high schoolers before they graduate.

In reading Ramsey's site I've come to find out he offers around 12 additional courses on personal finance and as soon as business picks up some or I am able to find a job, I want to investigate all he has to offer.

3 comments:

Older than Dirt said...

Wow! I'm impressed that there is an educational requirement for bankruptcy. I have heard of Dave Ramsey and have his book "Total Money Makeover" dated 2003. There was a workbook, but I did not buy it. He has very practical advice. What in particular did you wish you knew before you started your business?
I agree financial courses should be required to graduate. Are you "requiring" Heir 1 and Heir 2 to read Dave Ramsey? Seriously, it would do them good.
Which course would you choose to do next?

Dirtman said...

The entire course was beneficial to me. Not surprisingly, three of the topics Jeanne had already been doing but we had stopped. Now we will go back to them. We already had a budget of sorts but will be fine tuning it and we will dump our whole life policies for term (we had that too). Can't believe we got suckered on whole life.

I know he has other courses but we haven't looked into them yet. Need to get through the Trustee hearing and take a breather first. Would be nice to have the cash to pay for them too.

Darkgarden said...

You know, David Ramsey uses a crock pot.