Friday, November 21, 2008

VINDICATED

If you've been reading SisIggy's blog, you may recall we had water issues earlier in the week. Specifically, whenever Heir I takes a shower, we run out of water. Our water supply is an underground reservoir and we pay a local company $65 to deliver us 1,500 gallons of chlorinated water on a monthly basis. We also have two downspouts that empty into it providing us with water from God.

During the summer -- the drought -- we were having the tank filled with 3,000 gallons every four weeks. In mid-October I opted to have the tank filled to capacity - 4,500 gallons - because you never know when bad weather will hit and the truck won't be able to deliver right away.

Less than 15 days later Heir I was taking and shower and we heard @#$^*( from the bathroom. I called and had a load delivered and our hauler informed me we must have a leak.

Duh.

Four-and-a-half days later Heir I was taking another shower. You know the drill: @#$^* and %%% for good measure came from the bathroom.

Again we called and water was delivered. I then called our landlord and told him we had a leak.

The reservoir repair company arrived this morning and pumped out all that precious water I had bought. After cleaning it they checked for any nook or cranny that may have been causing the problem.

Two areas were found. One, the size of a pin-prick and the other that would have made Old Faithful proud. That was the one I told them about before they started and that's why I feel I am now vindicated.

New water will arrive this afternoon and Heir I can take another shower to test the repair. If we don't hear @#$^*( escaping from the bathroom we'll know the fix was right.

The landlord also informed me that come spring, he's going to hook this house up to his well. Ordinarily, I would think Great. But I have too many memories about another well I once owned that had pump problems every time the wind chill hit the teens and snow was a foot deep.

At least it will be his problem and not mine.

Afterwards, we will have this nice new space underneath the carport:


Heir I has always said he wanted a private bedroom instead of the open space we now call the basement. It may be a little damp - but so is where he sleeps now. I believe we have answered his prayers.

No comments: