Saturday, April 25, 2009

It's Apple Blossom Time in the Valley!!!

The Bloom began yesterday for its 10-day run.

And over the next fortnight or so, I will be reporting here on the coming and goings of the annual festival for those less fortunate not able to attend. Hopefully, I will get some photos myself if I can talk the rest of the family to going.

I know my mother yearns for the Circus this year thanks to tickets she "won" for re-upping her subscription the the Northern Virginia Daily. I think I'll pass on that one, however...

Today's snippet comes from yesterday's trial run of the coronation ceremony in anticipation for Friday's crowning of another Michael Landon (left) prodigy (previously, Landon's daughters: 1980's Leslie Ann Landon and 1996's Shawna Landon). Holly Morris (right), a DC newscaster subbed for the Landon kid and apparently enjoyed her 10-minute reign.








My sincere hope is the weather is dry, not too hot and loads of people trek out from inside the Beltway and bring some of their government salaries with them to spread some cash to our local non-profits, many which is their main source of funding for the year.

1 comment:

Darkgarden said...

Sis is not longer a dork (for her Facebook thing)... The DORK CROWN has been handed to the retard Queen for 10 minutes on the news report.

I appologize to all the special ed people out there, but I don't consider any of you to be associated with that horrid name I used above. It is fully intended to exist for jack-offs like that newsperson.