Sunday, April 5, 2009

24 Hours Later: My Fix For a Year

Just finished watching two epic movies: The Blue and The Gray (1982) and North and South (1985, 1986 and 1994).

About once a year I get in the mood to watch these two made-for-TV mini-series. I thoroughly enjoy the Geysers and the Hales and as SisIggy says, "Stacy Keach single-handily winning the war".

The same with the Main and Hazard families though by the third book in the series, it gets a little contrite. Or maybe I have tired of the saga.

2 comments:

Darkgarden said...

Ahhh... I recall when Blue & Gray came out on TV as a mini-series. We taped it all. There is a good bit missing on the DVD version. I was afraid that would happen.

Its been a long time since I pulled either of those series out. North & South I only have on video, and I'm not sure how they faired in the last basement flooding.

Dirtman said...

If SisIggy let's me, I'll bring both along for the beach. Makes for good entertainment on a rainy day.