Thursday, March 12, 2009

Thank You Heir I

It took me about two hours on and off today to bury a 100-foot long, 7/8-inch diameter garden hose for our soon-to-be backup water supply from our neighbor landlord.

In that span I had managed to bury about 20 feet.

Heir I came out to help once he arose from bed, had a shower and breakfast.

And am I glad he did.

In less than a half hour we had completed the task with him doing the grunt work with the shovel and me, burying the hose and tamping the earth with my big fat knee.

He did almost nick my pinkie once or twice but fortunately I was able to pull it in time. And it's a good thing too.

"Whew, you almost got me," I said.

"Don't worry, I wouldn't get you," he said. "I don't want to have to take you to the ER. I want to go to my girlfriend's this afternoon."

Well I feel better now, thank you very much.

Editor's note: There is no photo for this blog as Heir I doesn't like his mug on the internet and with a buried hose, all one would see would be the open expanse of the back 40 and you've seen enough of that already.

No comments: