Friday, March 6, 2009

BBQ on a Spring Day


Yesterday was such a lovely day it was meant to be outdoors. I picked up the back yard of all that had been blown in by the recent windstorms and even got most of the dog droppings (when you have six dogs in a confined area and haven't done the task for a month this can be time-consuming). We want to get it all before we heat up and produce a gas factory.

By lunchtime I commented it would be nice to grill dinner and SisIggy thought that an excellent idea. We settled on BBQ Chicken and I went to the freezer to get four leg quarters so they could thaw.

Then I prepared my sauce:

2 cups catsup
1 cup Dijon mustard
1/4 cup Rasperry Walnut vinaigrette
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup orange juice
1/8 cup lime juice
1/8 cup Tabasco Sauce
3 T brown sugar
1 t sea salt
1/2 t black pepper
1/2 t oregano
1/2 t tyme
2 garlic cloves
1/2 t garlic salt
1 medium onion, diced

I mixed all the ingredients, brought it to a boil and then simmered it for an hour.

Then I began grilling the chicken while SisIggy prepared corn and a salad and set the table.
Heir II had a girls soccer game he wanted to go see so we (yes all four of us) sat down to dinner at 5:15 pm.

By 6 pm, the dishes were done and we were able to enjoy a nice, quiet evening.

No comments: