Saturday, July 25, 2009

What Happened to the Neighbors?

Got back from the beach a few hours ago and finally had time to check out the garden. I had asked the neighbors to help themselves this past week but it doesn't look like they did -- I found two zucchini the size of New Jersey, a bushel of cukes (we gave away all we had before the trip and even more to Dark that wasn't used on the trip). I also picked a dozen plum tomatoes and could have picked a dozen banana peppers and several large green peppers had I had containers to carry them to the house.

Also saw the collards are coming along nicely, we need to harvest more lettuce, and the onions and radishes are about ready. I also need to tie up the tomato and cuke vines in a hurry or we won't be able to see what's ripe.

My dad had told me the tomatoes weren't ripening because the nights have been too cool. I believe the coming week may change that...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, sorry, forgot the garden. All the neighbors were having too much fun at the parties at your place while you were gone. Who worries about cucumbers when the music is so loud and the drinks are flowing??? I H