Sunday, May 17, 2009

Conquering Appleton, Wisconsin

Shenandoah University rallied with seven runs in the eighth inning Saturday night to defeat John Hopkins University 11-7 and earn the Hornets their first-ever trip to the NCAA Division III Baseball World Series, scheduled this week in Appleton, Wisconsin.

The eight-team, double-elimination tournament will be played at the Time Warner Cable Field at Fox Cities Stadium, home of the Class A Wisconsin Timber Rattlers.

SU (37-8), was ranked 17th in the latest D3 poll and is an at-large team in the tournament.

The Hornets, who play in the USA South Conference, defeated seven other teams in the South Regional played this past week at Salisbury, MD Arthur Purdue Stadium.

I want to take this opportunity to congratulate coach Kevin Anderson and his squad of under- achievers. Anderson earned his 300th-career victory with his team’s win Friday night.

Kevin has been a friend for many years and I wish him and his team success.

I also hope my friend, John from Wisconsin on the Bits and Pieces forum, is a hospitable host for our local team and helps root them towards the D3 title.

I’ll be listening to the games via online radio.

1 comment:

Darkgarden said...

...DC tied Chivas...


...


that's all I got...


I don't understand a bit of this blog entry. ROFL!

-CAP'M!