Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My View of Art

I sincerely hope art enthusiasts don't track me down for what I am about to depict here. One might say I have a warped sense of appreciation but in reality, I just see things differently from most folks.

Take, for example Saint George And The Dragon, by Sadoma.

I know who did it by doing a Google search. At the gallery, all I saw was a flaming red cape and had to really look hard for the dragon...

Meanwhile, I saw bits of other photos, like what I call the Wandering Eye series.


No matter where you viewed the painting in the room, the damn thing was watching you. I even wonder why there was a NGA Protective Service person guarding each room entrance when it was obvious the painting was the real guard.



Another semblance was that most early painters apparently had a foot fetish. Why else would they paint this:
and that?















Like us, they also apparently liked to eat. And they had good taste too -- succulent oysters on the half-shell and sliced watermelon, just to name a few. The paintings did make me think and I guess that's a goal of the gallery. For example, why is this bird sainted?
And why weren't any of the dogs or cats sainted?









And why is Eastman credited with
inventing a camera when one was
already available 300 years earlier.

Finally, when all was said and done, I
walked into a room and found
my wife Sisiggy hanging on the wall.

Do you think she might darn my socks when she gets done hemming Heir I pants?

1 comment:

Darkgarden said...

Soil and feet.

Ya know I'm happy.