Friday, October 31, 2008

Now We Know How the Maytag Repairman Feels

It's Halloween!

Whoopie.

Having moved to the neighborhood earlier this year we asked our neighbors how many kids we could expect for Halloween. We wanted to make sure we had a credible supply of treats as the last thing we need right now in our lives are any tricks.

Landlord Judy told me that the numbers had dwindled in recent history but that we could expect 20. Her husband added that a neighboring farmer would most likely ride as a Headless Horseman.

We looked forward to the night as none of the other homes we've had were in a quaint neighborhood. We bought a pumpkin and Heir II carved it. We bought a second, mini-pumpkin with the idea that Gnigel would hold it in his lap. Unfortunately, Gnivel has been eating to much of late and there wasn't room for both the pumpkin and his stomach.

He did the next best thing. He made the pumpkin a football and here he is kicking the orange-skin around the yard.

Of course, Halloween this year fell on a Friday. We were competing with the local high school's football team. Except the game was two hours away and our team has won only one game all year.

I was ready to call it a night at 7:30 pm with nary a creature stirring.

SisIggy downloaded the camera and I started cropping the photos. I was about to turn off the outdoor lights when I saw a car pull into the driveway with a mom and two little girls.

They each got a piece of candy and allowed me to take their picture so I could prove we did get someone to stop by.

The festivities are over now. The lights have been turned off and this blog is almost finished.

Sis handed me a Reece's Cup and said "I cooked".

The Heirs (Frugal Man on the left; Ninja Joe, below) are still out with their significant others passing out treats
(at least that's what they said they were
doing) in their girlfriend's neighborhoods).

That gives me a few hours to hide the rest of the stash before they come home hungry.



And if I can't find a hiding place, I won't have any dessert.


No comments: