Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Uno Revisited


As you will recall Dark Garden, SisIggy and I all posted about our experiences at the Union Station Pizzeria Uno Chicago Grill Sunday in Washington. To recap, it was something we never want to repeat.

Dark zapped an email off to corporate Monday morning and Sis did too, later in the day. She signed my name to it as she hates talking to relatives and even the Heirs on the phone much less executive suits she has never met.

Much to my surprise, I got a call Tuesday afternoon from a really nice lady from Uno's Restaurant Holdings Corp in Massachusetts. She told me she was sorry for our inconvenience and then added, Are you Dirtman?

Apparently, Corporate subscribes to a Google service or something that lets them know when someone blogs negatively about them. I would hope they find out when someone likes them (although I doubt anyone has had any positive reactions for their Union Station store).

I told her I was. Then she asked who Dark Garden was. I told her my brother-in-law.

She had obviously read his post too.

The bottom line is it seems the Darks and Sis and I will patronize another Uno sometime in the future as Uno is mailing me a $40 voucher to sample at another of its establishments.

That was classy and I will go with an open mind and hopefully will leave with a full stomach and a new appreciation for the chain.

2 comments:

Darkgarden said...

I guess I won't be wasting energy looking for my voucher from who I recall giving the name (at one point) of Pizzeria Fucknutz!

Dirtman said...

You never know... Sis just read me results of her site meter from someone in New Hampshire who searched "Uno Chicago Grill Bankruptcy" and got her blog. So even if I get the voucher, it might not be good by the time it comes.