Sunday, October 19, 2008

Won't Bruce Be Proud of Me?

Work has been really slow lately so I have had to come up with new uses for seldom-used tools.

Here, I took my six-inch hand auger, which is used to excavate borings for the old-fashioned water percolation studies, and made it into a receptacle to hold the bird feeders we brought from another life.

Believe it or not, it worked.

We had a chickadee alight on the the feeder on the right within 20 minutes of installation. It was tentative at first but quickly came back for morsels.

I also moved our birdbath next to it so the site is a one-stop smorgasbord.

In less than a day it had alerted the birding community and we can now look out the window anytime during the day to see the birds eating away.

We'll need more seed within the month and will visit Wild Bird Unlimited for a re-stocking. I'm sure owner Bruce Johnson will be waiting with open arms.

No comments: